702-799-2580 ext. 4206
January 13 & 14 Math Classes - Pre-Alg. and Alg. 1 classes only
January 15 & 16 English - All 9th grade English classes
Parents please ensure your child is here on these dates to complete the mandatory district-wide MAP testing.
Parents and Students--keep informed! Sign up to get regular 'Reminds' from the Freshman counselor, Ms. Lytle!
Apply online now for Free or Reduced Lunch
(paper applications are available in the office)
Questions? Call 800-819-7556
Cox is offering families with students participating in the
Free and Reduced Lunch Program internet
for $9.95 a month. Get details here!
Make this your goal!
APPOINTMENT AND REFERRALS
1. Counselors will confer with students throughout the day, but appointments may only be made before school, after school, and during the students' lunch.
2. Counselors are available to meet with students, teachers, and/or parents involving a concern initiated in the classroom. You may contact the counselor using an email linked to their name. Parent-teacher conferences are scheduled only after parent have communicated with teachers via email or telephone. Both parent and student are expected to attend the requested conference.
3. Teachers may find it advisable to confer with the counselor about an individual student on an informal basis prior to a formal referral. It is appropriate for a classroom teacher to refer the following kinds of problems to their grade-level counselors (referral forms may be obtained from the counseling secretary):
• Lack of homework or class work
• Coming to class unprepared
• Showing signs of unconcern
• Personal problems
• Substance abuse
4. Counselors will also call for students using time stamped appointment slip.
Student and parents SHOULD sign up for text reminders from their counselor!
Send text to: 81010
Read all about it!
Order your yearbook HERE!
"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says, 'I'''m possible'! ~Audrey Hepburn